Monday 29 November 2010

Evaluation of Preliminary Task.

As part of the preliminary task I was asked to create a front cover and contents page for a new College magazine. To prepare for this I took photos around the college which were suitable to represent college life. We used two programs to create our magazine which were called Adobe Indesign and Adobe Photoshop. As  i had never used these programs properly before I found that they were quite easy to use once you know the appropriate techniques and buttons. I found that InDesign was useful to create my magazine heading as its easy to edit text and make it appropriate to fit the college atmosphere.  I chose a font that was clear and easy to read as I wanted people to notice it as if they were walking past in college.

I then used Indesign to create the layout for my magazine. I used rectangles behind my College magazine logo and I decided to carry this on when creating my front cover to display exclusives within my magazine. I think by carrying on this theme gives the magazine formality. I then continued to use the same font as my title to say 'exclusives. I used a continual colour theme throughout my magazine which was blue, yellow, grey, white and purple. I used this many colours as it seemed to diverse well together which made my magazine more fun looking. My contents page also used the same fonts, colour schemes and also continued to use my logo on my contents pages aswell but filling the gaps with photographs from around the college. 

I think I could improve my contents page and front cover by filling the space better so that space is not lost as in a real magazine that would not be allowed as it would cost a lot of money. Also i could made it more real life looking as my front cover does not include a barcode or price. I thought the positive points of my magazine are that i followed a colour scheme which would make the  magazine recognizable and also I think that the picture of my front cover fits just right around the 'exclusives' and titles.

Over-all I think the preliminary task went very well as I completed the task to a good standard and on time and I feel that the programs I used made it easier to make it look professional and realistic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment